Monday, October 25, 2010

The Autumnal Owl

Today, more so than putting in depth thought into composing strings of well harmonized words, a cheerful list seems more appropriate.. so here it is.

Things I Adore about Fall:
    Every single thing they sell at Williams Sonoma. If i am sitting at home on a weeknight, the thing I honestly most crave is to be dropped off there with some kind of tea.  It's not just a store, it is a full fledged activity for me.  If they allowed it, I would move in for the entire season. It just makes me want to be an old woman throwing fall dinner parties.
    
     Candles! Whenever I'm home, I light one in every room. Thank the Lord I have a mother who appreciates them as much as I do.  Pumpkin or cinnamon flavored ones everywhere I look would be ideal.  If it were up to me, I would turn off all the lights in my house and fill it with enough candles to fully illuminate it, but I imagine my family would protest.

     Music! There is definitely a genre for ever season in my eyes.  In the fall, quiet acoustic music with just a little touch of jolly hits the spot.  Right now I'm really into Ben Kweller and Good Old War.. both have been appropriate for my autumnal mood.  Of course, those who know me are aware that I would argue Bob Dylan deserves a place in every season… but in this moment I love him probably more than I ever have, which is quite a feat.  The soundtrack for You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally can often be found on repeat in my room as well.

     Food! I love soup, I love hot drinks (coffee, tea, cider, the works), I love spice cake (I've made 2 in the past 48 hours, I love anything pumpkin or cinnamon.. just oh… i  could go on and on.

    The Weather… I love waking up to cloudy mornings, having coffee, and dressing up in boots and sweaters.  There's something about a little chill that makes morning so much more enjoyable (probably because I'm obsessed with the fall morning scene in You've Got Mail!).

     My House and My Family!  My house is an excellent "fall" house… candles everywhere, warm colors, lots of blankets, my precious chubby dog.  My mother has excellent taste that seems most fitting for this wonderful season.  My family sitting around watching football in my precious home never ceases to put me in a jolly ole' mood.  Today I'm thanking Jesus for the constant peace and pleasure this season and this home bring me :]
    

2 comments:

  1. I love how you love Fall and You've Got Mail! - my favorite movie of all time. I must get the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How descriptive Crosby. I can feel what you are writing...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete